Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas fun


My family has several traditions. One that I particularly enjoy is that we usually go out for lunch or dinner on Christmas eve, as captured above.
It's been a pretty relaxing Christmas so far. I just read HC Joel's blog where he posts some of C.S. Lewis' writings and I realize that though I haven't been over occupied with the hustle and bustle of the season, I haven't done a ton of reflecting on Christ and his birth either. There's been a few Christmas songs this year that I’ve found new meaning and enjoyment in.
At times I get a bit annoyed by the overspending at Christmas and the commercialization of the holiday, but I must admit, I enjoy watching someone open a gift I’ve given them, and knowing that they’ll enjoy it.
One of the other fine things about this season is the World Junior Championship of Hockey. Quality hockey. A bunch of juniors playing with a ton of heart, for the pride of the nation. We started well yesterday with a well played win over Finland.

I was playing around with my camera a couple days ago, and took this picture of our Christmas tree:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes...that is awesome...you can make cool pictures at night with car headlights and taillights too...experiments spice up life.

so which camera did you end up getting? are you happy with it?

9:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home