Monday, December 19, 2005

election.post.3

For the first time ever, I watched a leadership 'debate' in it's entirety on Friday night. I sat down on my couch with some Beer and Popcorn, but I forgot my Bingo Card. Sadly, no one during the 'debate' mentioned the Income Trust Fund issue. I keep putting quotes around 'debate' for a reason. That reason is that it's more of a question and answer show. The party leaders don't get to debate one another. There's very little rebuttal. It's mostly just a bunch of politicians spewing forth talking points based on a bunch of predetermined questions via email or video, with a few added questions by the moderator.

Highlights include Gille Duceppe saying that once an issue has been voted on in a free vote, there's no need to revisit it. He wasn't talking about sovereignty in Quebec (at least he wasn't intentionally talking about it), he was referring to the issue of same-sex marriage.

For a quick summary of the debate, check out the Calgary Grit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home