Friday, September 16, 2005

Coke Pirates

I was alerted to this last night, while enjoying a nice thick juicy steak and a cold mug of brew with my friend Dave.T. It looks as though Coke has ripped off 'The Winking Circle' for a recent Advertisement (Make it Real Anthem).
If you've not seen 'The Winking Circle' movie, I highly recommend redeeming some free time and watching it. It's life changing, if you let it. It's inspiring, authentic, and relevant. It may be the last thing you ever watch on a TV screen, as they advocate unplugging, or even tossing your set onto the street. (I have a mental image this second of taking a TV out to the country, in an old field, in the trunk of my car, where it will make friends with mr. baseball bat, Office Space style.)
I don't know how I'd feel if I was Ben, but if a massive corporation like Coke were to produce a TV Ad so similar to one of my creations I'd be tempted to take Coke to task. I'm sure coke has lawyers that would crush me, and hold me down until I somehow managed to open my mouth against the vice of a boot on one side of my face and a cold concrete floor on the other, to utter the word 'uncle'. But just think of the publicity it would bring for the movie! Maybe Coke will sponsor his next endeavor...

Saw 'the stills' last night. I was too tired to really enjoy them, but they put on a good show. Live music is usually good. The thing I love about Peterborough is that I left the show at 1:30, and was at home, in bed by 1:40. Sleeping by 1:41. I'm tired today... Working on coffee #3, and it's only 9:15.

1 Comments:

Blogger HCJoel said...

T-minus two hours until Dashboard Confessional takes the stage. Ok, probably two and a half hours. And then? The mighty, mighty U2.

I haven't seen the new Coke ad. At least, I don't think I have. I don't pay attention to most ads. What part of 'The Winking Circle' were you thinking it ripped off? I only have the first version of the film, not the newer one.

5:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home