Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jackson's Park


I love Jackson's Park. Great hiking, mountain biking, x-country skiing, running, sitting, all that good stuff.
It's literally right in my backyard, yet I rarely make use of it. I used to walk through it during my lunch hour when I worked at my old company, but my new company is landlocked in the concrete and asphalt landscape of downtown.
Parks are refreshing refuges. Sanctuaries in which I can more easily spend time with God, worshiping Him as I admire the works of His hands.
I walked through Jackson's park last night for a different reason, a different purpose, yet God still showed up and displayed His grace, His good works.
He's full of surprises and mystery and fun. He's good that way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
God is good. It seems it's always in the times when we actually slow down a little bit that we then notice it the most. I find it amazing how easy I can be to distract from this truth, getting all full on my life instead of realizing it's not supposed to be mine but His. I no longer live...

P.S. Looks like a bit of spam got in again

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

Yah, more spam. I finally 'bit the bullet' and turned on the word verification thing. Sorry.

2:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home