Tuesday, September 13, 2005

U2

U2 was incredible, as expected.

Personal highlights were the guitar work of The Edge on 'Bullet the Blue Sky', Bono's operatic singing on 'Miss Sarajevo' and the second encore, consisting of 'Yahweh' and '40'. Of course, the rest of the show was up there as well. I can't say I've ever been in a room with as much energy as the ACC last night.

The stage setup and lighting was very cool. Similar to the Elevation tour. Light curtains and lighting within the stage added a unique effect. I had an excellent vantage point. I was in the upper level, looking over the middle of the giant oval stage.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally get around to seeing one of the greatest rock shows in the history of Rock Shows.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you got some more spam. Stevie V just told me about this blog. Brilliant! Glad you enjoyed U2.

3:09 p.m.  
Blogger HCJoel said...

No, no, no, I'm sure that "anonymous" of Credon Inc. really like Breuks' blog. On second thought, that third sentence doesn't even make sense.

Glad the show went so well and you had a good time. You didn't comment on the marvelous opening band. I can't wait for both of them on Saturday. Woo hoo! I'll be in the upper bowl singing my lungs out to Dashboard and U2.

3:37 p.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

spam has been removed...
joel, i think there were 3 dashboard fans there last night. They were ok, but honestly, it's tough when you're opening for U2, cuz really, no one cares about the opening band; they just wanna see U2.

4:29 p.m.  
Blogger HCJoel said...

Well, if you see Chris Carrabba, you can tell him that there are at least two fans there on Saturday night! I'm sure he'll be visiting Peterborough in his time between shows...

10:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home