Monday, May 16, 2005

First round is on me.

So, 'Theology Pub' got off to a slow start tonight, (as in me drinking in the pub on my own for 20 minutes whilst reading the globe and mail and making small talk with the very pretty waitress) but soon got gowing when the group swelled to two people, and then finally doubled in size (that's 4 people in total for all you non-mathematical (todd) people). Good discussion was had. I left motivated to pursue God more, in a new, patient way, and to make some small changes to my life as a result. That's awesome. In yesterday's sermon, Karl said something like "I want to make the Holy Spirit appear less 'spiritual' and everything else appear more 'spiritual'." So, in a sense, reveal how God is present and at work in both the sermon listening and praise singing and prayer times of a sunday morning, and the mundane job time of a monday morning at 10:30. God was certainly present in the pub tonight, the 5th person sitting at the table, listening to us, and giving his 2 cents from time to time. Thanks God, it was good hanging out.
For those of you who missed out tonight, the plan is to do this every other monday. I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger blondel said...

Dave, I'm an ass. At first I thought I couldn't make it, and then it turned out that I could.. and then I forgot about it and put some sod down in yard and turned on my sprinkler. Oh, and I also walked my dog, ate some cookies and eventually went to sleep. sorry.

9:55 a.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

no worries. it sounds like a reasonable excuse. pretty mundane stuff, obviously not made up.

11:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home