Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few months ago I decided I wanted to somehow mount a camera to my bicycle, and record some of our trip, either in video, or stills. After doing some digging on the internet, I found a really affordable, cheap design, which makes use of an old bicycle tube, a pipe clamp, a screw, and some washers. It's quite simple. I built it last night, and did a quick 5 minute trip around the block to test it out. Here's how it looked:



This was shot at one image every second, at 640x480 resolution. Blogger doesn't quite allow it to be viewed like that. I think for a longer ride (5 hours, not 5 minutes), I'll set it for a shot every two seconds. I'm quite please with the final product. There were some pretty serious bumps on the side roads that I took around the block. The smooth parts, like along Charlotte street should be typical of most roads on our trip.

Update: Try this, for a High Res version.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I saw my house.

Good luck on your ride Dave. Hopefully we can meet up sometime this summer.

Ty

2:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home