Monday, July 14, 2008

4 more sleeps

I just finished the last of my training rides. It's amazing how much training actually works. We climbed a decent sized hill (from Cavan to Ida, for those familiar with the area), and it actually didn't really faze me too much. I was breathing a bit heavy at the top, but had lots left in the tank. I remember climbing that hill a couple of months ago. The first half wasn't too bad, but towards the summit of the climb, every pedal stroke was near agony. My muscles ached. My lungs burned. My heart felt like it was about to explode.
I've done somewhere between 1200 and 1300 km in training, and I'm just itching to get going on the real trip. It's been so much fun preparing. I didn't think I'd enjoy riding as much as I do. It's one of the dominating thoughts in my day these days - riding and biketour.
I'm nearly my personal sponsorship goal ($2500), which is also awesome. To those who have sponsored me and the ride, thanks so much for your generosity! For those who still want to, you can do that in one of three ways: 1 - online at www.rideforafricycle.com (and follow the links. put my name in the memo as well, if you don't mind), 2 - a cheque made out to Africycle, or 3 - cold hard cash.
As always, Africyle is a registered Canadian charity, and tax receipts will be issued accordingly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there still time to donate an actual bicycle?

1:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home