Friday, February 10, 2006

'ode to a blueberry fritter

Oh blueberry fritter, so sweet and tender,
you have sacrificed much in your short existence
enduring torment and strangulation
in an industrial mixer
before your frozen journey
to the tim's across the street
where you were awoken from your hibernation
thrust into the inferno that is the fryer
the deep fryer, only to be plucked from the oil
and pumped full of blueberry
coated in a sugary glaze
placed in a dark box smelling of chocolate and crueler
it was there that I first saw you
that I chose you over the others
and said 'you're the one'
Oh blueberry fritter, so sweet and tender,
you have sacrificed much in your short existence
and given me strength to finish my day of work
rest well, my sweet, rest well.


Update:

'ode to a honey crueler'

Oh honey crueler, so fatty and doughy,
you were once passed over.
I hope you were not offended.
You should be.
You weren't nearly as good as the
blueberry fritter.
you've left a bad taste in my mouth.
I regret my involvement with you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are, hands down, two of the most masterful uses of the english language that i've ever experienced...you're making good use of that dictionary
C

4:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are being cruel to the honey cruller. The honey cruller is by far the superior donut my dutch friend

3:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'ode to a dutchie'

oh dutchie, king of the dozen
all others bow before you
and aspire to be like you

11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home