Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Citrus Dragon

Just to let you in on a little secret, I'm not a big fan of Martini's. I'm sure lots of people enjoy them, which is why Martini bars/lounges/culture exists, but I'm not too partial to them. In fact, as far as I can tell, last night is the first time I ever had one. I'm almost ashamed of that. Not that I've never had one, but that I finally did. Regardless, I think I'll stick with beer. There's just too many good beers to be enjoyed to waste money on odd coloured drinks with cherries in them. That and they're really easy to spill.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOCTAOE...

:P


-C

4:35 p.m.  
Blogger Barron C said...

But don't you FEEL classy?

Beer also wins the battle of the wallet I find.

Try and find a pint of martini for the same price. That's a whole lotta martini.

6:11 p.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

I'm proud to say that I didn't pay for the martini, and consequently have no concept of how expensive they are. I've only heard rumors. Bad ones.

11:01 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to argue your claim that martini's are expensive. on the contrary, you are often getting more bang for your back (literally).

while bottle of beer is considered to play host to the equivalent of one ounce of liquor and costs at least four or five bucks (peterborough prices), martinis have at least two ounces of said alcohol and cost about 6.50. you do the math, but i think you'll find that's definitely cheaper.

oh and unless you're at the biermarkt in toronto (which is lovely, if i do say so myself), you will not find such a wide selection of tastes.

i rest my case. martini bar here i come!

ps...i still love beer, however, i feel it my duty to draw attention to the wrong assumptions wrt martinis.

cheers,
jess

11:50 a.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

barron, you've been told.

For a purely bang for your buck alternative, I've got a fridge full of homebrew. Homebrew works out to approximately 43 cents (peterborough prices) per bottle.

Oh, wrt beer selection in ptbo, St.Veronus has quite the library, and the Old Stone serves up some fine made in ptbo recipies.

1:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home