Friday, October 31, 2008

Politics

A few days ago I was talking with a coworker while driving to a job
site. He's a Christian. I'm a Christian. We started talking about
politics, specifically the upcoming American election. I've been
following it quite closely - whereas, he has not. That's fine, as
neither of us will be voting in it, due to us being Canadians.

With regards to Gov Palin, he said this: "I heard she's a strong Christian."
I responded with: "Yah, but that doesn't necessarily make her a good
politician."

Is that a fair statement? I certainly think so.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian B said...

I think that's very fair. Look at it this way...a lot of people think Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell are strong Christians whereas i would refer to them as bat-shit crazy. I wouldn't want them running any more of the country than they already do in their own little ways...

9:46 a.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

Exactly. Which is what democracy is supposed to achieve.

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger HCJoel said...

I say this with nothing but love and sincerity, no sarcasm or disrespect. I think some of the most compassionate, true Christ-followers are people with developmental delays. Do I want them to teach me about Jesus? Yes. Do I want them to teach me how to live more like Him? Yes. Do I want them to be advisors to politicians? Yes. Do I want them to be politicians? No.

6:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home