Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Canada Day Capture the Flag 2009 - Part of the Best Summer of 2009 Series

I got this in my email late last night:

Boys,
 
In efforts to create the best summer ever (2009 that is), it has been bestowed upon me to organize the best capture the flag game ever.  This will be a Canada Day City-wide Capture the Flag game with the river as the dividing line.  Please see the attached picture to see the boundaries.  It will basically be the Red team (determined by red T-shirts) against the Green team (wearing green shirts).  July 1st is on a Wednesday in 2009, so weddings, weekend camping trips, and work in general can be avoided.  What I want to hear back from you is whether or not you are interested, and what colour t-shirt you would like to wear.  Dave Breukelaar and I will be the team leaders and as you enlist, you will be added to a team.  Our hopes is that this is the most intense, larger than life, super competitive, game of capture-the-flag that you have ever experienced.  Please reply to this email and express your interest.  Also, please invite your friends and have them email me.  As teams grow, meetings can be hosted to develop different strategies.  To learn more about the Best Summer of 2009 Series, please visit the VanDerHerberg home and see among other things, a visit to the distillery district, a canoe trip from Lakefield to Peterborough, and others.
 
Done.
 
Michael


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I`m interested in playing. It`d be nice to see a list of rules, like I assume cars and bikes are off limits, but what about boats. anyways sounds sweet!

7:19 a.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

We're developing the rules still. Standard rules will apply. Cars are off limits. I'm not sure about bikes. City transit is likely going to be in play. You can traverse the river any way you wish...

8:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So jealous, this is the coolest thing ever. Let me know how it goes.

Tyler

1:28 p.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

Ty,

Better than Capture the Book?

You should definitely come. I'm sure we can work out some sort of daycare option as well.

1:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home