Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good People

I lost my cellphone on Saturday night, without realizing it. I think it fell out of my pocket as I was getting out of the car, in front of my house.
My parents got a call from a guy named Paul on Sunday morning, to let them know that he had found the cell phone. (they're listed in my contacts as 'Mom and Dad')
Well, he gave them his address, and they stopped by on Sunday morning to pick it up. However, his apartment had been evacuated and there were fire trucks up and down the street. The row of townhouses next to his house had burned down, and he was nowhere to be found. I tracked him down at the hotel that they had been relocated to, and finally contacted him yesterday, and he returned my phone. I expressed my thanks, and told him that I'm glad an honest person found it. Decent people still exist. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanderherberg@gmail.com said...

If I had found it, I would have left obscene messages at mom and dad's number. - anonymous

10:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home