Monday, April 17, 2006

Lunch and Learn


One of the perks of my job is that from time to time an equipment supplier/manufacturer will show up at our office for a 'lunch and learn' session, where they provide us with lunch, while we learn about their products, why we should be specifying their equipment rather than competitors, etc. It's great. It's a win win situation. Today we learned all about Wilo Pumps.

I had a great weekend. A great mix of friends, faith and fun. BBQ's were enjoyed, coffee and beer were finally consumed (yay for lent!), and I had a chance to catch up with old friends. I got a call last night from one of my old housemates from Queen's, Tyler, who's parent's now live in Peterborough. He was visiting them and had some free time, so we met up for some food downtown. I can't remember the last time I saw Ty, but it's been over a year, which is definately far too long. It was so good to catch up, to talk about our lives and the directions they're going, and what we've been doing.

One of the other events this weekend was the 1st annual Good Friday Rock Golf Championship, held in Jackson's Park. I finished third, as the podium shot above shows. I lost my rock on the last hole, a long hole with a bit of a dog leg to the right. I missed the dog-leg with my tee-toss and landed in a bog. Maybe next year will be my year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home