Friday, March 31, 2006

EMF

In highschool I did an expirement on drosophila (fruit flies), placing some within a strong EMF, and some (the control group) in a normal environment. I was testing to see if anything odd would happen to the bugs subjected to magnetic fields. They died.
So did the flies that weren't subjected to mind numbing amounts of EMF's. So, the results were inconclusive. I think I still got a relatively good mark on that project, considering I killed all the test specimen's.
I was reminded of this today after being directed towards a website where you can buy a full line of clothing that protects you from unwanted and damaging EMF radiation.
Also, Wired.com ran an article today about tumors and cell phone use. Egads, it's true. If you use a cell phone for an hour a day you're at high risk. They recommend the hands free, earpiece method. Won't this just change where the tumor grows? So, I've got the phone clipped to my belt, withing close proximity to my luggage, while talking on a wired earpiece. Hmm. Where should you hold a cell phone when talking on it? What will minimize the damage? When not in use, I usually have it in my coat pocket, which is situated about an inch or three (depending on if I flex my pecs) away from my heart. That's also not a good place for a tumor. Poll time. If you had to have a tumor somewhere on your body, where would the optimal location be?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EMF is awesome! They're so unbelieveable! Whoa!

I wouldn't mind a tumour on my ass. Right in the centre of my left cheek. I imagine it would be easy to remove.

4:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm going to go with my right ring finger...to be honest, I don't really use it for much...
-C

5:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home