Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Christianese

I'm guilty of it, using a vocabulary from time to time that can't be understood by a good chunk of the population. Christianese.
I think that there's a lot of words that are used in Christian circles which have varied definitions, depending on your theology. I touched on this a bit yesterday. For example, what's the first thing you think of when you hear the following words 'worship', 'justification', 'communion', 'gifts of the Spirit', 'grace', 'revival'.
Revival is one of those words for me that has never really been well defined. Here's some more on that.. Link

1 Comments:

Blogger Barron C said...

I thought these ones were pretty good. I've heard a few around our church (and yeah, some from me!)

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1611/christianese.html

8:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home