Monday, August 22, 2005

Sustain This

Ever since I first heard James Kunstler coin the phrase "the 3000 mile Caesar Salad", I've realized the distance that food travels to get to my plate. I try to buy local produce at the grocery store as much as possible, but I know there's a ton I can do to improve. Peterborough has a fantastic farmer's market that sells local produce that I just don't ever make use of. A couple out in B.C. made it their goal to only eat food that was grown within a 100 mile radius of their home. Their story is found here.

In other news (hypocritically related), I drive a lot. I put 1300 km on my car in two days recently. 700 for work, 600 for pleasure, although both were enjoyable.
On Saturday we drove up to Ottawa for a Craig Cardiff living room show in celebration of a friend's birthday. It was fantastic. If you ever get a chance to see him play, don't miss it. An altogether good evening was had; drinking fine beer, 10 year old scotch, eating Lebanese food, listening to fine music and enjoying the company of a certain beautiful girl. Life has been undeservedly good these past months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home