Monday, August 22, 2005

Sustain This

Ever since I first heard James Kunstler coin the phrase "the 3000 mile Caesar Salad", I've realized the distance that food travels to get to my plate. I try to buy local produce at the grocery store as much as possible, but I know there's a ton I can do to improve. Peterborough has a fantastic farmer's market that sells local produce that I just don't ever make use of. A couple out in B.C. made it their goal to only eat food that was grown within a 100 mile radius of their home. Their story is found here.

In other news (hypocritically related), I drive a lot. I put 1300 km on my car in two days recently. 700 for work, 600 for pleasure, although both were enjoyable.
On Saturday we drove up to Ottawa for a Craig Cardiff living room show in celebration of a friend's birthday. It was fantastic. If you ever get a chance to see him play, don't miss it. An altogether good evening was had; drinking fine beer, 10 year old scotch, eating Lebanese food, listening to fine music and enjoying the company of a certain beautiful girl. Life has been undeservedly good these past months!

1 Comments:

Blogger petenik said...

10 year old scotch? you must have been down in the market
Lebanese food? where'd you go for that? Ottawa's got some of the best
girl? sorry not buying that part of the story...

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home