Friday, June 29, 2007

I've started a new summer pastime. It's called reading.

For the past two weeks I've taken an evening and gone down to the Silver Bean Cafe, book in hand, and read. It's a great time. Both times, I've sat with a friend of mine who is, ironically, writing a book. He spends his time writing, I spend my time reading. It works.

The book that I'm reading right now is 'Slaughterhouse-five', by Kurt Vonnegut. I am thoroughly enjoying the book. He was in WWII, one of the few who survived the Dresden firebombing which is referenced in this book. He lived a long life after that, having children, adopting children and writing. According to Wikipedia, Vonnegut died at the age of 84 on April 11, 2007, in Manhattan, New York after a fall at his Manhattan home several weeks prior resulted in irreversible brain injuries. So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home