Monday, October 02, 2006

I love this time of the year. There is a certain fresh crispness in the air. The leaves are changing colours, with deep reds, yellows and oranges splattered at random throughout the forests.

My soccer team played a quarterfinal game yesterday afternoon, in the pouring rain. To make matters worse (or better), the game went into overtime, and then finally shootouts. As the goalkeeper, I'm proud to say that we won. I love playing soccer in the fall.

I drove down to Belleville this morning for a meeting. Nearly the whole way there I was driving through fog, though it lifted near Brighton. On the way back though the sky was blue, the sun was shining, and the colours were brilliant. I stopped a couple of times on the side of the road just to take it all in. I thought about my grandparents. They're in the area today too, hoping to drive around and see the beauty of the fall colours.

I'm an appreciator of art. I'm not a critic. I can't tell you why or why not something just 'works', but I think I've got a pretty good grasp on what's good art and what's not. I saw some good art today. It worked. In the midst of the vast spectrum of colours displayed on the trees, none of it seems to clash. I can barely get dressed without one piece of clothing not going well with another. I have a hard time finding two socks that match. But God's creation is different. Every shade of green, every hue of red or orange or yellow works together to make a beautiful piece of art. It's realy quite remarkable.

I had my camera with me, of course, and this is one of the places I stopped:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home