Monday, June 12, 2006

Shitless in Alberta

It seems the only thing that can slow the construction boom in Alberta is a shortage of Porta-Crappers. That, and a dwindling supply of materials, labour, etc.
I've had people ask me why I'm not out in Alberta right now. I'm a young, single engineer, they argue. I could go out there and make tonnes of cash. There's more to life than work/cash I argue. I love the town I'm in, I love my friends, my community, etc. My family lives here (or close by), I've got a good job here, a good church.
Maybe, if I had no friends, no family, no job, no community here I'd consider it, but really, when the pros/cons list is made, there is only one line item on the 'move to alberta' pro-side, and it's pretty minor. I'm staying put.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pro: cash fit for kings
Con: cash-is-king attitude/pace of life

12:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home