Wednesday, July 27, 2005

It's not easy being Green

I've been doing some research in my 'down time' for my boss on LEED, Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, a new classification for buildings. Buildings are awarded points for things such as brownfield redevelopment, water use reduction, HVAC energy reduction, recycled building material content, innovation in design, light pollution reduction; you can even get points if you provide a proper bike storage area and changeroom for employees. Anyway, in my searches, I came across an article about a new Green Wal-Mart building. I hate Wal-Mart. Immensely. They're in the process of tearing up acres and acres of land in Peterborough to create a massive new shopping adventure centre, a couple kilometers away from their existing store. Anyway, while I'm pleased that Wal-Mart is at least taking a risk on one of their 3700 stores, that's hardly called being a leader in environmental design. MEC on the other hand is doing a fine job.

In other news, type the word 'failure' into google. It's good for a laugh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dave, love your blog man. yeah walmart eats dick. why not drop me a comment sometime? we should have a get together sometime with old school queens/iawah peeps.
you take care friend
mattmckech
gravenrecords.blogspot.com

10:15 p.m.  
Blogger Fungineer said...

i might be in the iawah area next week (i'm taking the week off)... your blog is great too. i should probably drop some comments on it from time to time.

10:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home