Sunday, April 17, 2005

Homebrew

I had a pretty slow week this past week at work, which afforded me much time to study for OBC exams (frickin' arg!), and to think about things I'd rather be doing, like taking up a new hobby for the summer; learning new things. A couple years ago I had some beer made for me at a place that my parents go to for making their own wine. It was suprisingly good brew, and well, now I feel like learning the ancient art of brewing. It's an appealing, rewarding hobby, from what I can tell. It'll be a good community project, and a conversation stimulator when I've got people over. So, I'm thinking of investing a few bucks in the necessary equipment and setting up a little brewery in my basement.

There's a really cool pub in our town called St. Veronus, which stocks mostly european brew, and serves incredible belgian cuisine. Every time I go there, it's a religious experience. "From Man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" St. Arnold of Metz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home