Thursday, February 21, 2008

I set up my camera and tripod last night and took some pictures of the Lunar Eclipse. I would have liked it if they turned out a bit better, but still, I'm happy with them. Here they are in chronological progression.

My favorites are towards the end of this series:


I was using a 500mm lens, with a doubler. It was really tricky to focus, as the angle I had it at to see the moon made it difficult to see through the viewfinder. The cold didn't help with my fine motor skills either. Plus, I had the wrong ISO setting and wrong exposure length for a few shots. They still look pretty good in a collage format, but trust me, in full screen mode, the aren't that impressive.

I think eclipses are really really cool. I think the next one is 2010. Maybe by then I'll have a new lens, better tripod, and better pictures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No full eclipse?

9:08 a.m.  
Blogger vanderherberg@gmail.com said...

I think it was the setting that made the image. You know, the beautiful backyard, beautiful campfire, beautiful people. I don't know, maybe I'm exaggerating.

2:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home