Tuesday, March 20, 2007

“My objective was to align these communications with the administration’s stated policy,” so says Philip Cooney, former chief of staff to President Bush’s Council on Environmental Quality who made hundreds of edits to government climate reports in ways that played down links between human activity and global warming.

Hearing statements like this can pretty much cause someone to jump straight from naively having hope in politics and democracy to cynicism and outright distrust, without passing 'Go', without collecting $200...

He's basically saying that he edited documents published by scientists so that they corresponded with the government's policys and stated positions. Sounds a bit Orwellian, doesn't it?

Sometimes I wish I didn't read the news, or become informed. I could go about my days in ignorant bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home