Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A pair of sixes.
That was the winning hand at poker night last night.
I had long vacated the table at that point. Earlier in the game, I folded twice in a row on winning hands, pre-flop, with what I thought was crap. Then, the cards actually come up, and I would've had a 3-7 straight in one hand a full house with 10's and 2's in the next. But you never know. 20 Hindsights is worth one in the river.
Maybe next week.
It's snowing outside my window right now. The big flakes that fall, but not in straight lines. They're more like parachuters than free-fallers.

I watched Al Gore's movie, An Inconvenient Truth, last week. I recommend giving it a watch. The facts are startling. I'm not sure what the solution is though. He presents some - efficient vehicles and appliances. However, we're not going to halt climate change with a bunch of Hybrid Cars and some spiral light bulbs. It'll help, but I fear that our western lifestyles will have to be severely altered in order for any real change to occur. I suspect that one way or another they will be - by choice or necessity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be going to a free showing of An Inconvenient Truth at the MNR on Saturday. It's for employees and friends/family, so if any friendly/family-ly people want to come, let me know.

5:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home