Thursday, June 29, 2006

yesterday I couldn't spell engunear. today I are one.

Big news. April 22nd I wrote my PPE exams (ethics and law for engineers), a major step towards becoming a Professional Engineer. I finally got my result yesterday, which was a pass. Pass/fail exams are an oddity. I'm not sure how I feel about them. It would be nice to know by how much I passed (or maybe not). Anyway, after they check my references and review the past 4 years of my experience, I should be designated as a Professional Engineer, and with that take on some new responsibilites.

4 Comments:

Blogger HCJoel said...

Congratulations! That must be a bit of a relief, getting another step completed. I hope with the new responsibilities you get new (increased) pay.

1:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dave! That's a well earned distinction.

10:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!
i trust that you immediately kissed your iron ring, tossed it into the air, and watched it glimmer with possibility?? (possibly whilst clicking your heels and whistling a tune?)
well, if not, that's maybe what you should have done...
high fives!
Cas

4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

This is good. I need to have more professional engunears in my life.

7:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home